Thursday, September 22, 2011

Giga Pets

Today was Ryan's 26th birthday. Mom and Dad came and we went out to eat. It was great seeing them again. They're leaving tomorrow and Mom already fell asleep. I can't even get onto her because I'm swaying myself...
When I was a kid and Giga pets were all the rage (any of you youngsters remember that?) my dad came into the kitchen where we three kids were playing with our pets. He asked Sarah if he could see it. So she handed it over, he pressed two buttons.
The giga pet let out this high-pitch wail and the puppy died.
We restarted it but forever after the puppy would jump out of the basket, die and fly away.
He did it with watches too.
Fast forward to tonight. He sees my kindle sitting on the table.
Dad: What's that?
Lindsey: It's my kindle.
Dad: Can I see it.
Lindsey: Sure!
Ryan: You sure you want him to touch it? Remember the giga pet...
Lindsey: (large eyes)....
Mom: Yeah, honey. Let me hold it. You can look.
Lindsey: Yeah. I don't have the warranty on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment