Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just A'swing....

Today was day two of getting into the swing of things. I got in bed on time, though it was still about midnight when I fell asleep. I woke up three times during the night and again when my alarm went off at 7:00. I didn’t want to get up, but I did. I read my Bible, cleaned my room and checked all three emails, sending off personal and some book-related emails. The computer turned off at 8:00 and I went for a walk. I jogged all the way down the street my uncle lives on. I’m going to see if I can add a bit longer to that every day. I made a smoothie for breakfast and began working on Swing before finding out that if I was going to do any writing with Val at all today, we only had one hour when we could both get on. I got on and while working with her, I reviewed a few short stories by other authors, answered a few messages, edited the first chapter of “Come What May” – a Little Women novel, that I started years ago on fanfiction.net. I said good bye to Val and turned off the computer again, going to the kitchen where I put a pot of beans on and decided to add two fried eggs to my breakfast. I asked my grandfather about a minor military detail for “Swing” and spent an hour cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry and taking out the compost. Ryan saw me working and began cleaning the living room.

After eating a bowl of the now-ready beans, I contacted Tami and gave her details to get a signing approved at the college, then resumed editing Swing and completed three chapters. I edited photographs and sent off details to Marie about the book cover for “Across the Distance” so Rob can see about helping me design a cover for it. I put on “Wizard of Oz” to watch and listen to while I was working on the computer. I reformatted two more chapters of “The Calling.”

Now it’s 4:20 in the afternoon and I’m trying to decide which project to focus on next. I have about 2 ½ hours before rehearsal starts. Tonight we’re blocking the last portion of the show. I’m supposed to be off-book by Thursday but I can’t get my script back from the scarecrow. There’s been an illness going around the cast and I’m trying very hard not to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment