Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Calling (to be a better Me!)

One page full of tasks. How can something so innocent looking be so evil? This is the beginning of my goals for my 24th year. It consists of two major goals.

1. Gain strength, flexibility and generally good health.

2. Become a best-selling author.

To that end, I will be attempting to keep the blog updated on my progress. After all, who can't use a few other pairs of eyes to help speed them along on their accountability goals? Since for now my writing is my work, I'm going to start treating it like work. And since my work is at home and flexible, I'm going to take full advantage of that freedom to make sure I take the best care of myself that I can.

And you, my dear friends, are free to praise, scold or dictate punishments of cold baths or early bedtimes if I begin to slack. No, seriously. Keep at me because I really want to do this.

So this is my plan. Starting Monday (or in this case, Tuesday as Monday I will be recovering from an all-nighter) I will do my danged best to keep the schedule I posted on the weekend. On the following Saturday, I will be sure and fill in the weekly report and modify the goals as needed. It's a trial and error until I find a good routine but I can do anything for a week, right?

So here we are. Starting off with a bang. This is this week's goals.

*Deep breath*

6:00-6:40 – Talk and walk with Valerie. Carry a weight in free hand.

6:40-7:00 – Shower

7:00-7:30 – Dressed, hair, make-up, jewelry

7:30-8:00 – Bible

8:00 – Breakfast

à 1 hour or 2000 words of “The Captive”

à 1 hour publicity for “The Calling.”

à 1 hour “Swing” or “Across the Distance”

Afternoon:

à Strength exercise/Irish dancing/jog

Night:

à Face washed

à Teeth brushed

à Room picked up

à Off computer at 10:00

à Chapter read

à Bed by 10:30


The first day was an overall success. I did get around to working on Swing, got an unexpected visit from my sister, went on another walk and got to rehearsal. Rehearsal lasted until 9:30 and was a combination of blocking and dance. Even though I eat before rehearsal, it apparently isn't enough because I'm always hungry when I get home. So I'm going to get something to eat and try to land in bed at 10 with a good book. Light goes out at 10:30 - unless I fall asleep before. And we'll see what happens tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Just make sure you alternate that free weight from side to side as you walk and talk with Valerie, or you're going to end up lopsided! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I thought of that! I'd have to switch anyway as I doubt my arm would hold up a weight for that long. I'm telling you. They have zero strength right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will rag on you the most about the breakfast bit on your agenda. I don't care if you get everything else done that day. If you didn't eat breakfast, you've failed in my eyes.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh. Sounds good to me. Rag me on lunch too. That's the one I normally forget.

    ReplyDelete