Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 3 - Thursday - Afternoon

The day started out great. I woke, looked at my clock to find it was 5:45 and thought, "Did I wake up ONCE last night??"
I don't think I did. Which meant I'd been asleep since about 10:20 because I turned out my light early and crashed. I walked over two miles this morning. I wouldn't give up any amount of sleep for making breakfast with Pop this morning. I was frying an egg, he was making oatmeal. Then Tyler got up and told us of his "Zelda" dream and Pop teased the life out of him over that. I took a shower and cleaned my room, realizing that I was running ahead of time. It was great!
I passed the living room where Tyler was laying on the couch and he asked (again), "Lindsey? Are you ever going to marry?"
"If anybody asks and I like him," I answer.
"I don't think you will," he says. Then grins. "I think you're just going to get old."
"You don't think I can get a man?"
He looks at me and scrunches his nose. Then replies, "Well, don't worry. You can marry any book you want. Or your cat."
Sigh. If only you COULD marry your book characters....
Then I remembered I needed to water the garden before the sun got too high. So I went out there and worked, listening to a sermon - then decided to scratch the shecdule for now and keep listening. Then I started praying in my room. I was waiting for guidance, opening myself up for anything God had in mind. He did a little. Then I waited again, reminding myself not to be impatient.
And waited, trying not to let my thoughts take over and dictate or go on bunny trails.
And then - it happened.
I fell asleep.
And woke. And fell asleep again. And woke. And went back to sleep.
And woke at 1:00.
So now... I need to finish eating lunch and I haven't even started my writing work for the day. I need to make concrete plans with Rachel and get ready for the trip tomorrow. And I have rehearsal tonight.
And I'm really hazy and dizzy.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment