Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 13, 2012

Last night.... in my dreams...
I watched my childhood house burn. And my house in Sweeny burn. And I had thirty minutes to gather what I loved most from Palacious before the fires swept over there and took it away from me forever.
It was depressing. I woke at 3:00 and felt upset. Then fell back asleep - and the dream continued.
And it was awful thinking I had only a few more minutes in the house I love and then I would never see it again.
I woke again and looked at my clock. It was 5:59 one minute before my alarm would buzz and play five seconds of "Fur Elise" on the off-chance that I slept through the buzz. Getting up was easier than yesterday - probably because I woke on my own.
But getting out the door... was another story.
I printed out my pages with the solos that I stayed up last night attaching kid's names too. Then made a cup of coffee (oh, yes I did), then gathered my bag, the papers and the coffee. Then remembered I needed money from my purse.
So I got my purse, then the GPS, then couldn't find my coffee. Then found my coffee, but couldn't fine my GPS. Long story short. I set one thing down looking for the other.
I finally got everything in one place and rushed out the door - only to find that I left the papers with the solos. I had copied them to an email to print so I ended up scrolling down my phone the entire day, calling out names.
And I thought tomorrow was the bring your own lunch day. It was today. So I had trail mix. Except John said he forgot his too and Austin did too. I'd sold a book to Jacob who was excited to get it, so I bolted across the parking lot with them for a run to Whataburger.
I ate, hiding out inside while the kids were on the slip'n'slide, and water ballooning each other.
The kids are doing well. They can sing when they're singing. They can dance when they're dancing. But they can't sing and dance at the same time.
I came home, and laid down for a nap. I thought I had time to write. Put it on the backburner. Then remembered it was full dress and I needed to do Eygyptian make-up. Which requires gathering what I need into my make up box and learning how to do it. It took an hour, a badly done try by me and a beter one that Grandma did. Then wiping it off, stuffing a piece of pizza in my mouth before chewing it as I'm driving down the road.
It still took an hour before we started the show.
Some of the kids were pretending to be Monte Carlo and Taylor Swift who were enemies who were destined to become friends. They had one body guard in the form of Monte Carlo's brother. And the girl had a bribing contest with the next boy to come in.
"I'll pay you 2300 dollars a month! I mean a day!"
"I'll pay you (something I can't hear)..."
"..... That's not even a real sum," This comes from the man who's being offered the job.
"Well, pretend it is."
"Yeah but if you work for me, you get 2,3, and 4, oclock off."
I'm not sure who won.
Gah. I have more to say but .... I'm too sleepy. Todya was good. I'll try to write the rest tomorrow.
The voice teacher and his son's approval.
The theater ghost.
"Dress up the mess up."
Joseph's first official announcement.
My books' first stage debut for one...

No comments:

Post a Comment