Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 6th, 2011

"You may ask, when do I write then? Well, so far I haven't mentioned sleep, or meals - which many people allow to consume as much time as sleep itself - and in fact the only time I ever get to myself is what I steal from sleep and meals. There isn't very much of it..." Sir Thomas Moore - Utopia

Despite the momentary hesitation on the year date - (is it 2010 or 2011) - I'm starting off today with a bang! I dreamed that Val was here with me - and we both woke up about 8:00 and realized we overslept. So I was a bit confused when my alarm went off and it was 6:00. I got up, got dressed and called Val. My walk was about 1.20 of a mile. I didn't have a pocket for the pedometer. Breakfast was easy as we had left over biscuits so I warmed those up and put sausage on the George Foreman. So it's 7:46 and I'm ready to make my bed, throw a load of laundry in and start my writing workday. I'm sleepy and warring with my eyes (perhaps a shower will fix that) but in a much better state of mood than I was when I went to bed. Mentally - I'm ready to tackle the day. Now if I can only get my body in with the plan.
Today my goals are to finish the cover and send off for the proof for Across the Distance to start passing around for editing rounds. Then I'm going to locate the solos for the CYT camp and run through learning the songs I'll be teaching. Then I need to continue hacking away at "The Captive" and write something for the tales of the kingdom for the website. I'm setting a minimum goal of 500 words for both of those.
I can ease back into writing. So there you have it. Building momentum. Getting into gear.
Who needs sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment