Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 6th, 2011 - night

It's late. I'm already behind going to bed and about to fall asleep over the keyboard. Today was great. I went to a CYT meeting to work out details for the camp. Then wrote the ending to an Erish wedding. Then wrote the beginning of the story of 15 year old Margaret before she's queen of Eirlerre. Then downloaded the text, reading snatches of a "Shadow over Kiriath" between. It's a great book. I wish I had a day to just sit down and savor it - but that won't come till August. I worked on typing out daily plans for the camp, then bolted out the door for rehearsal. Only AFTER I got there and the theater began to spin and I felt a little drunk, did I realize I forgot to eat supper.
So I drank water instead and put on two layers of costumes over my shorts that really aren't much more modest than going without. Tonight was great. The understudy practiced and when they threw him in jail, he looked like a pathetic little puppy. Which is funny because I mentally cast him as "Dave" from Swing - if I had to use people from that cast.
The weirdest part was when the guys were changing. Ahem. Onstage. In the back foyer. All those little places you're not really expecting to walk in and find dudes in their boxers stripping off the skirt thingies the Egyptians wore. I do find it interesting that throughout history, some of the toughest guys wear skirts....
It was almost as awkward as feeling up the 30 something year old last night. Who'd have thought my most naughty roles would come in the Bible story?
So I returned home starving and ate in the kitchen, watching a show my brother had on until it had a ghost in it that drowned a girl. Then I decided to take my imagination to more profitable and less scary things like reading emails and blogging. And the time keeps creeping on.
But Jess sent me back a reply to a piece of work I sent her with comments and it completely made the ending of this night just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment