Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 9th, 2011

It started as a good day. Despite laying in the dark trying to turn off depressing, beating up voices last night, I woke in a good mood and decided to keep it. I ordered my proof-copy, had a five minute chat with my Mother. I listened to sermons and somehow scrounged up a semi-healthy meal from scratch. I've been craving fresh stuff lately - and there's not much in the house in the way of salads. But I created a whole-wheat pasta dish that wasn't too bad.
Then came in to work on putting the solos into the "Lion King" lyrics. That wasn't so bad. What got me in a bad mood was trying to work out simple harmonies for the kids to learn - and how to remind myself what they were in time to teach. And I'd get it and it would mess up, and I'd try again and the chord would be right but the sulfege wrong. And I'd try it again and I don't even know why it was so hard but it got me really irritated and now I don't even know if I should try to teach kids harmony.
And then Ryan came in from grocery shopping and I was elated. Except no one told me he was going so fresh things weren't on the list. Pop told me if I wanted something I could call him and I was going to call to make sure. But then Pop asked about a date and I went to check it for him and forgot.
So now we have food. Lovely, processed, zap in the microwave, fake food.
The only fresh thing is oranges.
Which I can't eat.
And it really shouldn't be a big deal, but I seriously feel like strewing this music all around the room, cancelling all future outings for the next year and becoming a recluse.
Don't you just love mood swings?

No comments:

Post a Comment